Emerging Technology
Personalized Medical Monitors
In researching emerging technology I
had several choices. A quick entry in a Google search came up with a lot of
choices. The most interesting to me was a article on personalized medical monitors.
I don’t know if it is because I just had
a baby 6 mths ago or what but all of a sudden I have a medical interest.
The article that I found was written
by a gentleman who had just been discharged after a minor surgery only to have
his son to be admitted into the hospital that same day. His son had a collapsed
lung and required more care and close monitoring. The author believes that the
human bodies electrical signals would be more for the world of computer
sciences. One of the main hurtles are going to be convincing patients and their
families that computers can manage their care. I think this is a wonderful
technology and I look forward to seeing what advances can be made in the future
using this emerging technology.
Source: http://www.technologyreview.com/article/407476/tr10-personalized-medical-monitors/2/
No comments:
Post a Comment